There was an error in this gadget

Monday, 20 January 2014

My First Huge Project

After painting and up cycling a few small pieces of furniture I took the plunge and brought a huge solid piece which was a very unloved dresser. I fell in love with the shape and knew with a bit (or actually a lot as it turned out) of tlc I could restore this dresser to something beautiful.  I've been doing a lot of research on painted furniture and found the best paints in the WORLD are Annie Sloans. This piece is painted in Old White and its just stunning. I love the feel of the paint and love working with it.
The piece has taken 4 days to bring back to its finally beauty but I hope you'll think its worth it.
The middle panels are covered in a handmade rose paper and the dresser has been distressed and then a matt varnish to protect it.



The piece is now for sale and you can view it properly on my new facebook page which is 5 little jelly kanes 
The name came from my bf who calls me Jelly Kane... Kelly Jane swapped. and 5 little ref to my 5 children.
The page has all my hand made gifts, furniture and also brought in items which are chosen carefully to match the rest of the items in the shop.
I have a huge job ahead of me still trying to sort out my website,as well as carry on with my cake making, up cycling and also being a full time mummy. Good Job I Love to be busy....
Anyway for now its late please feel free to like my page, leave comments and check out my etsy page.

Kelly xx




No comments:

Post a Comment