There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, 9 April 2011

PRE-BOOK REVIEW: FIVE MINUTE BREAD

I was recently sent the book Five Minute Bread by the authors Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois. Now as a lover of bread but as a novice of bread making I jumped at the chance. Especially as this book as quoted in the title says 5 minutes.
In an ideal world we would all make bread from scratch every day, but just don't have the time! The book offers a revolutionary way of baking with no bread machine and no kneading...love it already.
So after reading the book and its a huge book (with more recipes than I'd ever even heard of) tonight i have made my first batch of dough.
I used my kitchen aid but you can do it by hand or in any other mixer. Its now sitting happily on my kitchen side in a container rising happily. Tonight I will pop it in the fridge before I go to bed and in the morning it will be popped in the oven...So far this is where the recipe is different from any I've tried before. No kneading and then I'm putting it in the fridge. The recipe says that the dough will last up till 14 days in the fridge and you just take a lump out when needed ! fab..... so I'm hoping for scrambled egg on homemade toasted bread for lunch tomorrow.....


Look out for review and more photos wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment