There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, 23 February 2011

Keyboard cake, Banana loaf and parcel from vintage amethyst!!

  Today started off lovely had a parcel from Vintage Amethyst. I'd only ordered yesterday and today they arrived beautifully wrapped.One present was for my sister for her new home...she loved it.The other was little heart chalk boards which I will use on my stall when I do craft and market fairs . And the other was a pretty bird feeder. My children were very excited, we put an apple on it and hung it on the garden arch.Thank you Vintage Amethyst so pleased with them. You will be my first place I order from for birthday presents. Check out the website http://www.vintageamethyst.co.uk/  (below is our bird feeder)
After working till quite late last night I managed to finish the keyboard cake. It was ordered as a present for a friend who played the keyboard on his bed. I made the little man and bed out of icing and all the music sheets were also handmade. I was really pleased how it turned out and the customer loved it too.
Whilst the oven was on today I decided to make banana loaf.I got the recipe from The Hummingbird Bakery book. Richard and I were lucky to go to London last year and I had to hunt down the bakery...we nearly missed the train because I had to find it! So glad we did it was lovely in there I'm a big fan. Any way whenever there are over ripe bananas going brown in the fruit bowl I make this recipe.Its Charlies favourite and always comes out fab.
270g soft light brown sugar
2 eggs
200g bananas mashed
280g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
140g unsalted butter melted

loaf tin


Preheat the oven 170 (350 F) gas 3
Put the sugar and eggs in electric mixer and beat well, beat in mashed bananas
Add the flour, baking powder, bicarb of soda,cinnamon and ginger to the mixture. mix thoroughly add melted butter.
Pour all the mixture in greased loaf tin an cook for about 1 hour until firm to the touch and skewer comes out clean.
Leave to cool on a wired rack and enjoy .... yummy!

the Hummingbird Bakery have a new cook book coming out 17th March so look out for it...will be on my list for mothers day....HINT HINT if you read this children or even husband!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment